Today’s soup recipe is not to everyone’s taste but most people I know like it. It’s smooth delicious and nutritious! A quick and easy recipe. Almost impossible to go wrong and it freezes well. This soup has a lightness and it’s great for filling a flask to accompany a Winter walk.
Recipe for Celery Soup
(Makes enough to serve 8).
The equipment you will need:
- a sharp veg prep knife and chopping board
- a large soup pan
- a wooden spoon
- a hand blender
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large or 2 small onions, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 large cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 whole head of celery, washed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Few shakes of ground white pepper
- 2 veg stock cubes I used https://www.oxo.co.uk/ made up into 1 litre of stock
- 150 ml milk
Peel and chop the veg
Heat the oil. Sauté the onion and garlic for 3 minutes until translucent. Add the diced potato. Cover and cook on a low heat until potato is tender about 5 minutes. Add the chopped celery, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add the hot stock, stir well, cover and cook for 10 further minutes. Add the seasoning. Stir well. Cover and cook until all veg are tender.
Remove from the heat. Blitz with a hand-blender add the milk. Serve hot, or portion and freeze when cold.
Sprinkle on grated mature cheddar cheese and serve with crusty bread. Or crumble some Blue Stilton cheese on top.