It’s really easy to make a celebration cookie
I have a confession to make which might shock: I don’t like cake. There, I said it! I don’t ‘do’ puddings and cakes. The only thing I might eat, to be sociable, is biscuit or cookie. So here is my mahoosive, celebration cookie recipe…
Don’t buy one, make one!
To buy a celebration cookie from a specialist cookie maker at the shopping centre can be fraught with problems. Celebration cookies can be expensive and they are difficult to get home.
It is far more rewarding to make your own. And it is really easy.
You will need:
Ingredients for one 14” cookie
- 225g butter, softened
- 150g caster sugar
- 175g dark brown soft sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 280g plain flour
- 1/2 a teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 340g chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate of your choice)
- 1 tub Betty Crocker Indulgent Fudge Icing https://www.bettycrocker.co.uk/products/chocolate-fudge-icing
- 1 tub Betty Crocker Salted Caramel icing https://www.bettycrocker.co.uk/products/luxurious-salted-caramel-flavour-icing
- 1 pack of Smarties https://www.nestle.co.uk/brands/chocolate_and_confectionery/chocolate/smarties
(I got the icing from https://www.bmstores.co.uk/)
The equipment you will need:
Now, make a mahoosive cookie:
Preparation time 15 minutes Baking time 20 minutes Decorating time 10 minutes
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, caster sugar, dark brown soft sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Gradually add flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda, beating until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips/chopped chocolate.
- Line a 14 inch round pizza pan with greaseproof paper.
- Evenly spread the mixture onto the paper
- Bake at 190oC for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool the cookie in the pan.
- Decorate as desired.
By the way. It can stay in the pan, it doesn’t make any difference. It freezes well – also in the pan. You can serve it from the pan too!